Friday, May 17, 2013

Horseback Riding

I have been riding horses since before I could walk. Seriously, my mom would put me in one of those baby back pack things and take me with her when she would go riding.

Anyhoo, I am lucky enough to have my horse out here in California with me. Going for a ride is probably the best escape after a stressful work day. Recently, I started taking jumping lessons again. I hadn't jumped since I was in high-school, so the first two lessons back resulted in my having trouble walking the next day! Boy oh boy were my legs sore! But, Now I'm finally back at it and LOVING it! (still sore every time, but loving it!) If you have ever ridden, or would like to get into it, do it! Its never to late to start! Plus its a great workout! Its crazy the muscles you will find sore after a good lesson. Your legs, butt, abs and back will thank you!



Here I am riding Sarafan! I adore him, he is such a great horse and apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so! 

Sarafan is an ex-racehorse who won over 6 million dollar when he was racing! Since he "retired" he was also Tobey Macguire's main horse in the movie Seabiscuit!  Yup, he's a movie star! When I started riding him I think I was more star struck than I was seeing any other human celebrity. 

What a handsome boy!

Now, obviously you wouldn't need to start out jumping, and there are many options for beginners. You can even keep your eye open for Groupon or LivingSocial deals to try it out!

If you are interested in learning to ride, or are looking for a workout that doesn't involve the gym or a class full of pretty models to work out next to, look up your local equestrian center and go for a lesson! 
leave us a comment and we will send you some more specific info to get you started!




Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment