Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Empty the Fridge- Dinner

I was about to head out of town for the weekend so I wanted to use up the fresh veggies. It's never fun to return home to moldy food in the fridge. So, I grabbed what I had left and got creative!

6 mini portabella mushrooms
2 small zucchinis
1 small onion
1 block of firm tofu
2 cups pasta
Pasta sauce
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt/pepper
Thyme
Basil


I started by slicing all of the zucchini and onions. I cut the mushrooms into quarters and the tofu into cubes. I then sautéed everything with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. While it was cooking I threw in some salt, pepper, thyme, and basil.


While the veggies and tofu were cooking I tossed some corn pasta into a pot of boiling water.


After all the veggies had cooked I added the pasta and mixed it all together. Then because I had about a 1/4 of a jar of pasta sauce, I tossed that in too. I mixed it all up and then let it sit for a few minutes.



And that was it! I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top and we were good to go! I even had enough left over to take for lunch the next day! I actually ate the left overs cold and it was still pretty tasty


If you have any recipes you use with things lying around the kitchen we would love to hear!


Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment