Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crossroads




If you live in Los Angeles, or are planning a trip in the near future, this post may possibly change your life (alright, sorry to be dramatic, I am just excited about the weekend).






A few weeks ago, my housemate Phoebe told me about this new plant-based restaurant that opened up in West Hollywood. It is essentially the first vegan fine-dining restaurant we have had in the LA area. For you New Yorkers out there, you may be familiar with Pure, which is also a fine dining raw and vegan restaurant. To date, the best meal I have ever had in my life came from Pure.

I am  happy to report that I have added a second meal to the "best meal I have ever had in my life" list. And, it came from Crossroads. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful on the inside, with a full bar and wine list. I did not have a drink that night, but I hear their drinks are fantastic. Their menu is tapas style, so you typically order a few dishes per person. I went with my mother and best friend, and we ordered 9 plates, including dessert. My favorite items from what we tried were the caramelized onion and lentil flatbread (they have a gluten-free option), the risotto stuffed pepper, and the "oyster shooters." If you go there, these two items are a must, and very unique to the restaurant.




Everything we had was delicious, and one of a kind. My friend Holland had the carrot cake ice cream for dessert, and she raved about it for days. I would add that to the list, if I were you. They had some fantastic "comfort" food items that I was dying to try, but had no more room in my stomach. A perfect excuse for another trip, right?




Some of you may not be interested in this post, as you aren't fans of vegan food. I get it, believe me. However, I can promise you that whatever your taste preferences are, you will love this restaurant, and you will never know that what you are eating is incredibly good for you.




Learn more about Crossroads and take a look at all the menu items. Also be sure to take a look at the private dining rooms for any big parties or get togethers you may be having!

Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment