Monday, May 20, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed

On May 21 (tomorrow), "And The Mountains Echoed" is released, and I could not be more excited. This is the third book by Khaled Hosseini, who also wrote "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns." I read both of his books the day they came out, and finished them almost immediately. My dad grew up in Kabul, Afghanistan, and went to school with Khaled, so I may be slightly biased (but I don't think so).




May 21. Be smart (like me) and get your pre-order for $16.76 through Amazon. I can't wait to share my thoughts on this book. Only one day to go!!!!






My reading buddy is super excited too! 


Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!


1 comment:

  1. 'And the Mountains Echoed' echoes with a feeling of disappointment with the book per se. 'The Kite Runner' was taut, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' was politically savvy, but the mountains did not echo and repeat their uniqueness. The book promised much, but a deep chasm between the promise and the deliverable left the reader unsatisfied. Diversities in one character and diverse characters in a novel is the forte of an astute author. Khaled however, has confused diversity with multitude and the number of characters in the novel astounds and confuses the reader further. Having said that, the novel scores high on a technical structure.

    ReplyDelete