Friday, July 12, 2013

Traveling and Working Out

Recently, I have been on an airplane as much as I have been on land (slight exaggeration, but you get the point). I have been alternating between New York, LA, Atlanta, and the rest of the south. My middle name is routine, so traveling can be very difficult for my type A personality. It always helps me if I make my travels feel a little bit more like home. One of the ways I do that is to maintain a schedule, sleep well, make sure I get in my workouts, and have Hulu on demand for my reality TV fix. 

Recently, I discovered some great ways to stay in shape with just a computer and an internet connection. 



YogaGlo
(courtesy of my friend Galadriel)




The concept of YogaGlo is genius. Unlimited yoga classes, in the comfort of your own home (or hotel room), for only $18 a month? I know, it sounds too good to be true, but it's not. 
You can select specific teachers (once you find some you like!), level, duration, and type of yoga. It is literally all at your disposal. They have a class for everyone, I assure you. And, they even have 20 min meditations! 


If you aren't sure if this is for you, try their 15-day free trial. You have nothing to lose! 


Fit Sugar's Online Workout Video 



I became inspired to write this post after I completed a 10-min workout video from Andrea Orbeck, who is a fabulous trainer, and has great DVD's as well. I repeated the 10-min workout, three times, and was sweating bullets by the second round. 



Online video workouts are efficient, easy to access, and free!


Physique 57 Online Workout Videos 


While in New York, I dropped by a Physique 57 class, and was informed that they have their classes online! There are two options - 30 min ($5) and 1 hour ($7) - and you can access them right from your computer. They also have an unlimited monthly option for $57! Their classes are fantastic, and feature my favorite type of workout - isometric exercises - which really tone muscles and build a long and lean body. 


Lastly, if you will be traveling in an area for more than a few days, I always suggest Groupon. You can usually find great places to try a few classes, for little cost. 


Keeping an exercise routine while out of town is a great way to make yourself feel at home while traveling, and not have to worry about splurging while you are away!



Please Follow us, Like us, Watch us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support! 


Also if you want some fabulous shoes to wear the next time you head out of town, check out our latest giveaway with Just Fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment