Wednesday, July 3, 2013

fruit pops!

While leaving Marshal's with doggie treats (the only thing I needed to get!) I couldn't help but stop when I saw these super cute Star Pop Molds. I don't know about where you are, but here in Southern California, it has been getting pretty warm! What better way to cool off that making some fresh and refreshing popsicles! 



As you can see, I was pretty excited! I remember making popsicles as a kid, but they were pretty much just jello or kool-aid frozen in the bonus gift from my parents tupperware party. 

Well, I had big plans! No store bought popsicles for me! That defeats the whole purpose of making them yourself, right? So I decided that since I had a ginormous pile of oranges that keep coming off my tree that I would use them! 


Seriously, this tree is so full it is ridiculous! Any time someone comes over I am begging them to take some of the oranges!


So this is what I came up with! I pulled out some almond milk, vanilla extract, agave, oranges and strawberries!


I juiced two of the oranges and poured the juice into a food processor with the strawberries. I used about 2 1/2- 3 cups of strawberries. 


Then I added about 1/2 a cup of almond milk, 1/2 tbs of vanilla, and 1tsp of agave.



Then it was mixing time! 


I just took a peek to make sure the strawberries were blended up , but still had a few chunkier pieces that would be yummy to bite into!


Next step is filling up the star molds! If you are using these molds or anything similar, make sure you leave a bit of room at the top, when it expands, you don't want it to be get all over your freezer!


You will probably have some left over mix, but you can either fill up some ice cube trays with it, or just drink it as a smoothie! I recommend both! This way you can have some right away and have teeny lil snacks for later if you don't want a whole popsicle. 

Then you have to put it in the freezer and wait! This is seriously the hardest part of the whole process! Waiting! Ahh, I think I opened the freezer every 30 minutes to check and see if they were ready. Nope, I had to wait till the next day! 


But, as soon as I woke up, like a little kid on Christmas morning, I ran to the fridge and had one for  breakfast!!! And it was good! I have been generous and shared it with a bunch of people and everyone has really liked the vanilla! So don't forget that!



Enjoy! 




Yay! Star Pops would be great to make for your 4th of July party or just any summer picnic! Just make sure you make them far enough in advance so they have time to freeze!

Do you have any fun popsicle mixtures?!? We would love to try them! Let us know in the comments below!



Please Follow us, Like us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!

Also, hurry up only 1day left to register for our first giveaway before July 4th! All you have to do is subscribe to us and leave a comment, follow us on twitter and like our facebook page! You will have bonus chances of winning if you share with your friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment