Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Grapefruit and Honey Salad

I was having a random conversation with a stranger and they told me about a delicious salad they had that had grapefruit, tangerine, honey and cinnamon roasted almonds. Well that sounded delicious to me to I made up a recipe! I couldn't find any tangerines so I improvised...


Here is what I came up with!


1-2 whole grapefruits
5 basil leaves
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup agave
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds



1. Toast almonds with a drizzle of olive oil and gradually stir in cinnamon and sugar until almonds begin to brown and cinnamon and sugar sticks to almonds.
2. Peel the grapefruit, take off all the membranes and brake apart each segment and place in a bowl.
3. In smaller bowl whisk together honey, agave and basil with the juice of one grapefruit segment.
4. Pour honey mixture over grapefruit then sprinkle toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds on top.
5. EAT IT ! ITS GOOOD!



** there will most likely be a lot of the dressing left over when you finish the grapefruit. Save the rest for a salad dressing for the next day! Its pretty delicious!




Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment