Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Banana Quinoa Muffins

For our first book club meeting, we were each supposed to bring something yummy to eat. Whenever I have this task, I have my "go to" recipes that never fail. One of my favorites are my banana quinoa muffins. My friends all have very different food preferences, and they are an instant hit with everyone who has tried them. Best part? They are insanely healthy and about 75 calories per muffin. The recipe is as follows - I promise you this will become a staple!

Ingredients:

3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
2 TBSP honey or agave
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
*optional - chopped nuts of your choice. Walnuts and pecans are my personal favorite in these muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Next, mash up bananas, and combine with eggs and honey/agave. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. The batter should look similar to the picture below of the muffin tin. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill muffin tins about half full. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

*Note, my old oven took about 20 minutes, and my new oven takes about 15 minutes, so just keep an eye on them and note your baking length for next time.




Enjoy! 





Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment