Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day Trip to Sedona


A few weeks ago, I went on a little road trip to Scottsdale, Arizona (the same trip that my car, Charlie, died on!). During my stay, we took a day trip to Sedona, which is on the top five list of most beautiful places in the United States that I have been to. Sedona is a must-go-to that deserves to be at the top of anyone's list. The pictures will hopefully do it some justice. I had an amazing day there, and I cannot wait to go back for longer. 




This was our first stop to get a few pictures with the baby girl and enjoy the stunning views. 




Next, we stopped for a caffeine and snack fix. We stumbled upon the cutest coffee house, Firecreek Coffee Company



I cannot say enough great things about this place, and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Sedona. The staff was more than friendly, and ended up giving us a great hiking trail suggestion (below). Even better was their one of a kind coffee, complete with almond milk and gluten-free muffin options. Heaven. 




Our next stop required getting a parking pass and map from the local convenience store. I don't know about you, but I have never seen a convenience store this quaint. 







Finally, we were ready for the hiking trail. Thanks to the kind employees at Firecreek, we were directed to West Fork Oak Creek Trail. Simply stunning. 








Coco was in doggie HEAVEN. 




Don't ask why I am in a dress...I did not know we would be hiking!


At the beginning of the trail are old ruins of the Mayhew Lodge, which opened to tourists in 1925! 




The hike goes on for miles, and after two hours, we were beat! Last on our list was Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village, a cute little area with tons of shopping and restaurants. Needless to say, we were starving. Nestled in a quaint little corner of Tlaquepaque is a fantastic restaurant, Rene


We were just in time for happy hour, with a delicious tapas list. They have everything from seafood to salads and soups, a great wine selection, and a dessert selection that is to die for. They even have a gluten-free menu! 




This perfect setting was the best way to end our day trip. 


Until next time, Sedona 
(because there will be a next time!) 





Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment