Friday, August 23, 2013

Red Hot Yoga




For those of you who have never done hot yoga before, you are missing out. For years, I have strayed away from hot yoga, as I honestly never thought I could do it. Asthma, being a tiny human, and 105 degree heat was never a good combination in my head. After being in Atlanta for a few days, I missed doing yoga, so I decided to peruse Groupon for a good yoga deal. I came across Red Hot Yoga in Atlanta, which had rave reviews. I couldn't pass up 20 classes at $3 a class - so I decided to give it a try. 



I have honestly never been more pleasantly surprised at myself, or something I had feared for years. My first hot yoga experience was amazing! The staff was so friendly, and they have a nice variety of classes. 



So, what do you need to know for beginners?
  • I don't recommend taking a hot yoga class as your first yoga class. I had several months of consistent yoga classes before I tried hot yoga. 

  • Be prepared to be hot and to sweat. And, I mean sweat like you never have in your life (but don't let that dissuade you!)

  • Be prepared to be tired after your first time. Your body gets used to it after the first or second time, but I recommend taking an evening class your first time. 

  • Bring plenty of water and a towel. 

  •  Don't be afraid to take a break. The teachers will usually reiterate to their students to take breaks as they need. 

  • Don't over think it. It honestly is probably not as bad as you fear. Your body acclimates to the heat after the first few minutes, and you almost forget it's so hot! 

  • Lastly, I recommend putting a yoga towel on top of your mat. It will prevent slipping, and also absorbs water (my nice way of saying sweat). 



I love Gaiaim's Yoga Mat Towel, but any will do! 

Get ready to fall in love! Hot yoga provides an amazing workout, with many health benefits. You will use muscles you didn't know you had, and feel so much lighter after your class. 




Please Follow us, Like us, Watch us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support! 


No comments:

Post a Comment