Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello, New York

Recently, I took a trip to New York to visit one of my best friends. A lot of fun, eating, walking, and shopping ensued. I thought I would share my favorite spots for those who live in New York, or are planning to visit there in the near future. 


This amazing vegan cafe has a menu that is to die for. I ate here almost every day on my trip. Unfortunately for you, I ordered almost same thing every time. What can I say, I know a good thing when I see it! 

Vegan Summer Rolls

They also have an entire menu of vegan sushi! My favorite is the guacamole roll with brown rice. 


I could not recommend this place any more. It is very affordable and has a great, low-key atmosphere. Check out their menu...they even have a gluten-free section! 





One word: HEAVEN. 



I'm serious. If you are gluten-free, dairy free, vegan, or just love sweets, this place is a sanctuary. I have never been more impressed by a bakery in my entire life. 


Lil Pip's (oatmeal raisin cookie with buttercream in the middle) 


Caramel apple crisp and fruit muffin


Pound cake 


We went back for seconds...and thirds...

The gluten-free/dairy-free brownie was the best brownie I have ever had. I am so impressed. And... I devoured it, so I don't have a picture. 


But you get the point. 

And now for the good news...they ship nationwide on all of their products (except layer cakes). 

You're welcome. 



If you ever splurge on a meal in your life, you will want it to be this. I think I mentioned in one of my first restaurant posts that the best meal I had ever had was at a restaurant called Pure - well, this is it! It is a raw restaurant in the city, and healthy food foodie or not, I can pretty much guarantee you that you will fall in love. 


Assortment of Raw Nut Cheese's and Rosemary Crisps


Salsify Noodles with Peas, Asparagus, and Ramps



Hazelnut and Ale Crostini with Porcini Mascarpone
with figs, lemon balm, and fig balsamic

My favorite thing that I ate, the entire trip. 

You can find their menu here

It is so hard to believe that every menu item is raw...This is my fourth time there, and I'm still in shock. 



Home of the first caffe in the United States to serve cappuccino. Crazy, right?! 

After a three day hunt to find an almond or hemp milk latte in NYC, my search came to an end at Cafe Reggio. This place has so much character and charm for a coffee house, it's unbelievable. 











It was so delicious, I had to get one to go. I don't doubt that you will feel the same need. 


After all that walking to different restaurants, I was in desperate need of a pedicure. There are nail salons on every corner of the city, but I personally recommend Black Label Nail Salon. 



It's so cute, affordable, and clean. The staff is friendly, and they give one hell of a mani/pedi and shoulder massage. What more can you really ask for?



My trip was filled with great friends, food, and adventures. I can't wait to go back. My other recommendations include seeing Cinderella, which was spectacular, and visiting the Grand Central Market. 








Please Follow us, Like us, Watch us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment