Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Zucchini Sticks

I have seen recipe after recipe for Zucchini Sticks, all made in different ways, on food blogs and Pinterest. I finally found a recipe that looked really good, and decided to try it. These were amazing, and really simple to make, so I thought I would share. The recipe is from King Arthur Flour, and a delicious one at that. 

I found the original recipe here, and it includes a sweet onion sauce recipe. I prefer mine with marinara, so I got some great marinara at Whole Foods to dip my Zucchini Sticks in. 


Ingredients:

3 medium zucchini
1 cup GF bread crumbs 
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 
1 TBSP italian herbs (if bread crumbs are unseasoned)
2 eggs, or 1/2 cup egg substitute*
*I used egg substitute, and they were delicious




Directions:

Cut each zucchini into 9 sticks 

Drizzle zucchini sticks with salt, place in a colander, and let them sit for an hour to drain out the excess liquid 
Once the liquid is drained, rinse the sticks and pat them dry to remove the excess salt 




Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Line a baking sheet with parchment, and spray the parchment with olive oil 

In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and italian herbs
In another bowl, beat two eggs, or pour in egg substitute 

Dip each stick into the eggs, and then roll around in the bread crumb mixture
Place on baking sheet, and place in the oven for about 12 minutes
Take the zucchini sticks out, turn them over, and bake for an additional 12-16 minutes
The blog notes that baking times may vary, so basically just bake until your Zucchini Sticks are golden brown and look ready to eat. 




Please Follow us, Like us, Watch us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment