Friday, November 29, 2013

Make Soup with your Leftovers!

If you are brave enough to do the whole Black Friday shopping adventure you are probably gonna be hungry when you get back. You may not be in the mood to eat everything you had more that enough of yesterday. Here is a quick easy solution to spice up your leftovers and make it seem like you are eating something different!

One of the gluten free, vegan, oil free dishes I made this year was a roasted root vegetable medley. I basically chopped up carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato, white potatoes, blue potatoes, watermelon radishes and turnips with some vegetable stock, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. 

I used the watermelon radishes and the blue potatoes to add some color :)

Well I roasted these for about 45 minutes and they were delicious, I ate some and had quite a few left over. So I decided to think of something fun to do instead of just tossing it into a tupperware container and putting it in the microwave when I'm hungry.

I decided to make a soup. I grabbed some quinoa, vegetable stock, and a few more celery stalks and an onion.


I chopped the extra veggies up while my vegetable broth and water were boiling. 


When the water came to a boil I tossed in the quinoa and let that cook for a bit. 


After the quinoa had been in there for about 10 minutes or so, I tossed in the veggies. Thats it. Since I already seasoned them when I roasted them earlier I didn't add anything else to the mix.


Now that everything is in there just let it all cook together for a bit.


I let it come to a boil and then turned down the heat for about 25/30 minutes to let it simmer.



Easy Peasy! Plus, it gets better and better as it sits together over night! Also, what better way to use up your gluten free bread! I was the only one eating off my Against the Grains baguette so I have lots left over, nothing better than dipping bread into soup!


There ya have it! I'm sure you have something left over you can make into a soup. 

Enjoy!

Please Follow us, Like us, Watch us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment