Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quinoa Salad


I am always on the hunt for new gluten-free vegetarian recipes (yes, I am a vegetarian and GF). The recipe for this quinoa salad is literally my "go-to" on a weekly basis. It is incredibly affordable, delicious, and can be modified to your liking. Sometimes I put the salad over a bed of lettuce, in a wrap with some salsa and guacamole, or just eat it by itself. If my boyfriend isn't consuming the entire bowl, this usually lasts me about 8-10 meals, and is made for under $10.

Like I said, this can be modified to anyone's liking, depending on what veggies you have on hand, or what you like. You could also substitute the salsa with ginger dressing or soy sauce, the black beans for edamame, and create more of an asian inspired salad. Whatever your heart desires.

3 cups cooked quinoa (I love the tricolor kind, but any kind works!)
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 diced avocado
1/2 cup salsa (or more, depending on your taste buds. I use pico de gallo from trader joe's)
2 diced bell peppers (I prefer yellow or orange)
salt and pepper to taste
*optional, 1/4 cup diced onion

This is also a recipe that portions of each ingredient can be estimated, or modified to your liking. I really love bell peppers, so I put extra!

Enjoy!





Please Follow us, Like us, Love us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment