Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Delgado Protocol and Simply Healthy Cookbook

So I'm gonna be doing a diet, actually following a protocol.  I have started the Delgado Protocol using the Simply Healthy Cookbook.


Their moto is to be healthy not hungry which means no counting calories! Basically as long as you are eating whole foods, you can eat as much as you want. This is great for me since when I put a limit on myself I almost always like to push that limit. 


Take a look!



So far, things have been going well and the few things I've had have been so great! The Red Quinoa and Butternut Squash made a huge amount, and it lasted quite a few lunches. The carrot soup was so delicious and I was bummed that that one only lasted me about two days. That may have been because I ate way more than a cup at each sitting. The kale and thyme pasta was my favorite of these three, and also  something that lasted only one mean between me and the boyfriend.


Good news is each was super easy to make so I will probably be having them again soon!

For breakfast they recommend smoothies or juice, which has been fantastic, except that I hate washing the juicer and blender. But, I love stopping by local juicery or smoothie truck. Way better than a Starbuck coffee!

I've had lots of fruits and veggies to snack on during that day which is great I've been dipping in some yummy hummus.

Lunches are big ol' salads and I dig into the cookbook for dinners or other  lunch time meals that I can make a huge amount of on a weekend and bring in with Tupperware.


They also recommend taking a probiotic and vitamin D3 while on the diet. 

I'm gonna be giving it a go for a month to see what happens, how I feel and what changes I notice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment