Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Housemade Vinaigrette


Salad dressings are secret little items that you wouldn't think contain gluten, but they do. When I first became gluten free, I had to throw out almost every salad dressing in my refrigerator. I searched Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and health food stores for GF dressings, and though I found a few that I liked, it was really hard to find good balsamic, asian, and caesar dressings. Therefore, I decided to make my own. Plus, a good bottle of GF dressing runs about $6. Below is a recipe for the one of the best vinaigrette's I've ever tasted. I use it on wraps, quinoa salad, and regular salads. Once you buy the ingredients, it's very cost effective to make, and you can make several batches of it at a time. 


I realize this may not be the most appetizing picture, but I promise you it's delicious. Don't judge a book by it's cover.


Ingredients: 

I cup apple cider vinegar

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (less or more, according to taste)



All spice quantities are according to taste and the amounts below are just suggestions.

1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon chives
1/2 teaspoon chervil or parsley
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions: 

Mix all ingredients together, and enjoy



This is one of my favorite things to put it on, a quinoa salad wrap. So good. 


Please Follow us, Like us, Watch us, and Subscribe to us! Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment